I came across this free online tool through the Rapid e-Learning Blog. Screenr allows you to create screen captures – short videos where you can demonstrate what you are doing on your screen. They’re really handy for creating tutorials, from how to use different software packages to using a tablet to write on the screen as you buildup your content.
Here’s an example:
Screenr.com includes the following features:
* It’s free
* Nothing to download or install – it’s entirely online
* Supports voiceover narration
* Video is hosted on the screenr.com servers
* Maximum time limit for each video is 5 mins
* Embed code is created for each video
* Use the embed to display videos in your LMS pages or blog
* You can publish directly to YouTube via the screenr page
* You can download mp4 versions of your videos (e.g. for iPods etc)
Here’s another example, this time using a tablet and Windows Journal. It’s part of feedback to my Year 12 students from their recent exam.